Weddings can get kind of expensive, but they don’t have to be! I tried to think of other creative projects you can do with your significant other or bridesmaids…you know, ones that are unexpectedly awesome and so fitting for the lovely occasion. These ideas are great for ceremonies, receptions, and for any bride for that matter. They’re also perfect because you can add in your own personal touch.
Wedding DIYs are the kind of additions that you would want for any celebration so why not try these chic ideas? If you’re going to do it, do it right 😉 Keep on reading to see 3 of my favorite projects!
DIY#1: Ceremony Fan
Printing of your ceremony schedule
1.Fold the ceremony paper down the middle
2. Clean off the edges
3. Glue down the center of the paper to the popsicle stick. Apply the glue about 1/3 way through
4. Add the glue around the edges of the paper and then fold the other paper down. Repeat the same steps for all the copies needed for the ceremony
DIY#2: Suitcase Card Holder
Suitcase – I found my suitcase at a thrift store (Talk about a good find, right?!)
Spray paint – color of your choice
Sharpie – I’d recommend using a metallic color. They look so nice!
Chalkboard banner paper or Craft Paper – you can find this at your local craft store
Tulle – color of your choice; I like to use neutral colors!
1. Clean the surface of your suitcase. Spray paint it and reapply if needed.
*Tip: You’ll need to wait for the first layer to dry completely before adding a second coat
2. For the banner, write out a message. Examples: “Card” “Gifts”etc. If you don’t have the chalkboard banner, you can simply cut out triangle shapes on craft paper
3. Punch holes at the top of your banner (if you’re using craft paper) and with a string, hang them together.
4. Place the hanger at the top of your suitcase. You can use glue, a pin, or even tie it across the top.
5. Add some white tulle to cover the bottom of the suitcase. This will give it a more bridal look.
DIY#3: Mineral Crystal Party Favors
Minerals and crystals – select ones that compliment your day and celebration
1. Select a crystal or mineral per party favor bag
2. Type out a meaningful message for each crystal. Definitely a personal touch that your guest will appreciate 😉
3. Place the mineral into a gift bag
These 3 DIYs definitely adds in that nice, lovely touch to your wedding reception, ceremony, or anywhere in between. I really hope you enjoyed them!!
FTC Disclosure: The Keurig Brewer shown were provided by Keurig and the Knot. All opinions stated in this blog post are mine and not influenced in any way by the products shown.