Spring was good to me, but let’s face it, there’s absolutely something so alluring about summertime. Warm weather, light breeze, and endless pool days, I love a change of season. Why? I get to change up my wardrobe and try out new DIYs. So whether you’re getting your tan on at the beach or by the pool, I wanted to show you 3 DIY that’s perfect for the summer. Let’s just say I was feeling very inspired by the laid-back nature and the endless possibilities that it has to offer 😉
If you have a beach trip coming up or just wanted to lounge around with your friends, learn how to make these fun DIYs! (Hint: You’re going to have a lot of fun with these)
DIY #1: Colorful Tumbler
All surface paint & brushes
DIY #2: Coverup Wrap Dress
60″ wide (150 cm) fabric – choose fabric color of your choice
(2) 12″-14″ wide pieces of elastic bands/ribbons
- Lay your fabric down and make sure it’s facing upward
- Use fabric glue to seal the edges. Create a thin lower closest to the edge
4. To make the the loop for your arm straps, take the two pieces of elastic bands and find the two corners of the bands. On the wrong side, attach the ribbons down. Make sure that the loop is big enough for your arms so that it’s a comfortable fit.
5. Sew each end of your loop onto your fabric.
6. In order to wear the wrap, you’d have to criss cross the fabric and put your arms into the two loops.
DIY #3: Towel Tote Bag
- First, we’re going to start by making the straps of the tote bag. Fold the towel in half. Cut 4″-5″ straight down from the edges.