Today marks the start of week 3 #DIYmas! This week is all about food, feasting, and to get started on the right note I’m actually bring you TWO recipes today! Winter makes me think of cold nights, warm fires and hot drinks. And hot chocolate is such a classic choice for these comfort drinks that I’ve come up with both a cold and hot version for you to enjoy. I don’t drink or use milk so in my recipes today I’ve substituted out Almond milk as my preferred base, but with such rich flavors and generous toppings I’ve found there’s no difference in taste when regular milk is swapped out for Almond, Soy or Rice milk instead.
Frozen Hot Chocolate and Mint White Hot Chocolate
So let’s get started, shall we?
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Milk of choice- Almond, Soy and Rice all work great too!
- 1 pack Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 cup Ice
- Whipped cream
- Toppings- chocolate chips, shaved chocolate, peppermint pieces
1. Pour your milk choice into the blender, and then add your favorite hot chocolate mix to taste. Blend for a minute or so.
2. Add the ice, then use the ice crush setting to create the perfect mixture!
3. Pour into your cup, add a generous topping of whipped cream, sprinkle on toppings to suit your taste and enjoy!
Mint White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Milk (or Almond, Soy, Rice as substitutes)
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon mint flavoring or extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Peppermint or Andes mint pieces
1. Heat your milk product on the stove until it begins to bubble, but not boil.
2. Pour the white chocolate chips in, stirring until the liquid is completely smooth
3. Add the mint flavoring and 2-3 drops green food coloring, pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed candy pieces. Drink up!
What a delicious start to week 3 of #DIYmas! Both of these drinks are great when you’re craving a a sweet pick-me-up, and nothing beats a warm mug on a frosty morning. I think I like the warm Mint Chocolate drink personally, but which one do you guys prefer? Let me know below, and don’t forget to share and credit me when sharing your drinks with us at #DIYmas and #DIYwithAnn. Until our next meeting, Ciao!