I hope you guys have enjoyed these three weeks of #DIYmas, and to finish it out on a high note, today I’m bring you this amazing Holiday No-Bake Trifle. I love trifles because they’re so easy to make and look beautiful in a large glass dish like this. If you want to make individual ones for a party instead though, they adapt really well to smaller containers too. The red, white and green layers create a holiday feel even with the simple ingredients and since it’s no-bake it stores easily in your fridge if you want or need to make it ahead of time.
Shall we get started?
- Large glass dish
- Ladyfinger cookies or Cake cut into pieces
- Your choice cream- cool whip, whipped cream or homemade
- Mint chocolate (shaved)
1. In a large glass dish, place either your ladyfinger cookies or cake pieces in a flat layer. Cover this with a layer strawberries, then a layer of whipped topping of your choice, then another layer of cookies or cake pieces. Keep layering until you reach the top of your dish.
2. Put a final layer of whipped topping on your trifle, and then sprinkle the mint chocolate shavings on the top. Chill to firm for a few hours, or even overnight if you want!
3. The great thing about trifles is that they are the prefect dessert to customize! You can add in drizzles of chocolate or caramel sauce in between layers, other types of fruit and you can use cake, brownies, ladyfingers or other soft cookies. Just make sure your layers are flat and reach the edges of the glass so that your layers are clearly visible.
Gosh, now I’m hungry! I hope you guys enjoyed these #DIYwithAnn and #DIYmas as much as I did, and I’d love to hear which DIY was your favorite down below! And of course, tag me in your photos with #DIYmas and #DIYwithAnn and give me credit to show off your creations.
Love you guys, Ciao!