Hello Everyone! It’s almost back to school. A time for new beginnings and another year of fun and excitement. For this DIY, I want to give a shout out to my DIYer MichelleEDiep on Twitter who requested this awesome project of creating your very own tumblr notebook. This will allow you to be creative and personalize it the way you want.
2 packets of filler paper
PBA glue/PH-Neutral Adhesive (at your local craft store or online)
Black craft paper
Binder clips – medium size
Disposable paint brush
- Using a photo editor (I used Adobe Photoshop), create your collage with the pictures that is saved on your computer. Create a new image, using paper size. I used 8 1/2″ X 11.” Place and arrange your saved photos the way you like it to look for the cover. Thank you to all who have participated in this project by sending me some of your favorite pictures. See below if you would like to use some of the same pictures that I have used.
- Make sure the lined papers are even and straight. Use binder clips to keep in place. Do not clip the edge (on the side with the holes) where you will be binding your notebook.
- With the brush, apply a coat of PBA glue on the side where the notebook will be held together. Set aside.
- For the cover, spray card stock paper evenly with glue, going from corner to corner. Lay photo collage printout on top of stock paper. Place under or in between a heavy book that is about the same size of your notebook or larger. This will help to keep the cover flat and for the collage to adhere to the stock paper. Let dry for approximately 30 minutes.
- After the cover is completely dry, lay it on top of another piece of card stock paper, trace, and cut to match the size of the cover. This will be the back of your notebook.
- Remove binder clips from the paper packet. Place the front and back covers and use binder clips to hold it all together.
- On the black craft paper, trace a rectangular shape for the binder, approximately 1 1/2″ wide and the length is determined by the length of the paper being used for the notebook. For the one that I am creating, the length is 11″. Cut out the long rectangle and use the brush to spread glue evenly. Wrap around binder side. Use binder clips to hold down the wrapped binder to seal. Let dry completely before removing binder clips.
CLICK on your favorite images and print below. If you don’t have a printer, I suggest you take the file image to Staples or Office Max and have them print the image onto thick shiny card stock paper.
Best of luck and hope you will enjoy creating your notebook. Remember to post your creations. I would love to see it. Until next time, keep up with the creativity and let yourself be inspired.