DIY Bath Jellies

bath Jellies

Hi Everyone! Easter, Mother’s Day, and Spring is coming so I wanted to give you all a new and refreshing Do It Yourself project.  I will be showing you how to make Bath Jellies inspire by Lush! This is basically a body wash but in jelly form.  It looks like tasty Jello but it’s totally non edible, so no tasting it =)  It makes taking a bath or shower super fun and like playing with jello!  You can also store the jellies into jars and gift them for baby showers or pretty much any occasion.  Let’s get started shall we?

(click on title to continue reading)

What you will need: -Fun jars or containers for storing the jelly soap -Body wash, color or scented in fine.  You will not need to add extra fragrance or color if you use a color and scented body wash. -Gelatin  If you are a vegan- Agar or Konnyaku jelly powder may work. -Natural oil (optional)  Oils like jojoba or coconut can provide extra moisture. -Food colors (optional)  You will not need  this is you’re using colored body wash. Make sure to follow the measure in the instruction on your gelatin package.  Mine’s says, each package is equvilant to 1 cup water.  Therefore I will be making 4 cups water. This is an optional step.  Add in a few drops of any natural oils.  Natural oils will reduce the amount of bubbles your soap will produce, I like the feeling I get after using it. Now you can pour your soap.  I use 2 ounce per cup of water.  However you can use more if you like.  Mix well, bring the water to a boil and then turn off your stove. Pour the gelatin packages into a bowl, then pour in the hot soapy mix.  Stir everything together. I like to create different color jellies so I prepared many bowls.  I would pour one package of gelatin in each followed by 1 hot cup of water.  Let the jelly soap mix cool for at least 1 hour. Once the mixes are cool, I like to scoop out the jelly into the jars.  By scooping it, it creates texture and also reflects the light in a pretty neat way.  You can also use cookie cutters to make fun and cute shapes! That’s all to it! It’s pretty straight forward like cooking jello.  Make sure the little ones know this is NOT food.  Be careful when giving it to children! Enjoy your Bath Jellies!!! xoxo Ann Please Pin and share this photo below

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your email will not be published.

Wow I made this and this is amazing!!!

Hello all,

I’m Chi , I’m from VietNam, I do like this cream, but I’m living in VietNam. Could you pls show me how can I get these butter while I’m living in VietNam? Can I book them then they wil ship to Vietnam to me?
      Hope you pls help me to get the information
      Pls help to send the inf through the mail : stcaochiquynh@gmail.com
      Thank you for all. Thank you very much
      Cherrs!!

reply >

what kind of wax did you use to make the hearts?

reply >

can you find the butters at trader joes

reply >

how hot should it be to melt the butters???

why should you know

2 years Ago

i put mine on the hottest it could be and then when it started to over boil, i turned it down to low :)

Hotel Avis

2 years Ago

MMM, VREM SI NOI!

why should you know

2 years Ago

in the middle of making this, hope it turns out well :)

why should you know

2 years Ago

do you set it in the fridge or the freezer?

Pingback: 5 Easy and Chic DIY Mother’s Day Ideas | Her Campus Life Magazine

What kind of butter can u use instead of the other stuff?????????????

Stacy Vieux

2 years Ago

i’m curious to know the texture of the finished butter on your skin. I’ve had trouble with creams coming out oily or greasy.

reply >

To make the hearts, can I use beeswax instead of the food grade wax?

reply >

Is there any where else you can buy the butters other then amazon?

Natalia Jeronimo

2 years Ago

I love the smell of it

Annastaciaa Samantha Lombardi

2 years Ago

Do they sell any of these ingredients in Australia Melbourne??

Theresa Holbrooke

2 years Ago

love the idea

Lisa Mercer-Doyle

2 years Ago

Can you use the body butter on Bath bomb cupcakes and will it harden? Trying to find a frosting recipe that doesn’t use sugar.

Daniela Vazquez

2 years Ago

A really good 1 ingredient moisturizer is cooconut oil and just whip it till fluffy and apply. You store it in a fridge. Good Luck.

reply >

I’m late to this post, but I found it and I thought it would be a great Christmas gift! Do you think you can link the website where you bought the butters? That would be really helpful! By the way, I absolutely your blog!

reply >

great video Ann, by the time i’ve watched all your vids i will have saved a FORTUNE!!!!!!!!

Pingback: DIY home spa beauty recipes and ideas - MotivaNova - MotivaNova

stephanie

1 year Ago

can you use regular organic coconut oil?

stephanie

1 year Ago

how much does it make like oz wise.

reply >

I tried to make this body butter 7 times now, I follow the recipe to the letter, but after I whip the body butter, it’s soft and fluffy for a about a day, then it turns super hard. What am I doing wrong?

Carla Anderson

1 year Ago

I was having that same problem. I’m not sure why it does that. I would suggest not melting it down, I’ve made a similar body butter before but didn’t freeze just blended it my food processor and it turns out smooth. I would suggest melting the coconut oil down it help it blend smoothly. Hope this helps!

reply >

I think that you should determine the weight of each type of butter, because different mixtures can not achieve the best results.

reply >

How many jars did this make?

reply >

Could you microwave it instead of boiling it? The reason I ask is that I noticed you microwaved the wax for the candles, I was wondering if it is possible to do that here as well? Love your DIYs

reply >

Pingback: DIY Deep Moisturizing Whipped Body Butter Crème {EASY} by ANNEORSHINE | Land DIY

The best way if u want to visibly see how people make this awesome stuff..is go to U-Tube and u can visually see how its made. Just food for thought..land they also sometimes will show u where they buy everything with links. There is links with pics where she bought all her butters if u look at bottom left at bottom of recipe pics.

reply >

I only want to make one jar. What is the recipe for that?

reply >

It really depends not he size of your jar. I suggest you cut the amount in half and find a jar suitable for the amount :)

reply >

I have the same problem with it going hard after day one. Any ideas how to rectify it? Don’t want to waste all the ingrediants :( thanks in advance.

Oh and I added orange essential oil and it smells like chocolate Orange. :)

reply >

Add in more natural oil like virgin olive or coconut oil. If you live in a colder climate it will most likely happen because it’s natural butter. Use softer butter like almond or shea.

Pingback: Bật mí cách dưỡng trắng da toàn thân bạn đang tìm kiếm - Minor.vn

I have heard about your whipped cream and really want to try that. However i am not familiar with those natural butters. I do not know which one to buy from Amazon since many sellers selling one thing. i am worry if i pick the bad seller with low quality butter.

Did you buy those butters from the links you mentioned above? If Not, can you recommend some links or sellers from where I can buy good Shae, cocoa, n mango butter.

Thank you very much.

reply >

For the fragrance oil, can i substitute it with one of the yankee candle home fragrance oil? or can i substitute is with any fragrance oil (the one for candle)