DIY: Repurposed Candle Jar Storage

image-5

Hi Everyone!

I feel like I just came back from the dead.  These past few weeks have been the gloomiest days of my life.  Living in New England, I developed aversion toward winter.  In the last week, we got hit by a gigantic storm “NEMO” with over two feet of snow! To top it off, I caught my son’s flu and was out sick for almost 2 weeks! Not fun at all. It was the most depressing 2 weeks I can think of.  Urgh..!

I am just ecstatic that is all done and over with.  On a positive note, I have this fun DIY project for those crazy candle collectors like myself here!  Every time there is a Bath & Body Works sale, I stock up!  Every night is a new scent for me.  Burning a candle can be therapeutic  and very calming; that is why I love candles so much.  If you are like me, you probably have a bunch of used up glass candle jars in the closet.  So what to do when you’re finish burning them?  Here are some awesome ideas below!

CLICK on the title to continue this post :)

Pin this!

You can remove the wax pucks by placing the candle in the freezer.  Freezing the wax will cause the wax to shrink and you can easily pop out the wax puck.  Next, clean the glass with a dish soap and warm water to remove all the waxy residue, especially on the outside of the jar.  You want a clean and oil free surface for the glue.

All you have to do here is line up the jars forming a pyramid.  Where the jars touch is where you will need to bond them together with glue.  You can use a high performance glue gun and glue sticks for this, E6000, Goop, or many other glue suitable for glass surfaces.  Make a little mark where you will bond the jars with a little glue- then place a line of glue between the jars and then press the jars together.  If you’re using hot glue, make sure to immediately bond the jars together, otherwise it will not be as effective.  Repeat this on all the jars till you finish the pyramid.

Beautiful! This will look so lovely on your vanity, desk, or bathroom!

Here’s another super simple and fantastic idea that will instantly makeover your bathroom!  I found some cute little ceramic birdies from Michael’s Craft store but you can use decorative door knobs or anything little and cute.  Be creative!  All you have to do is clean the surface or your candle jar lid and glue the cute decoration to the lid. That’s it!  This is super pretty and practical too. It makes accessing my cotton balls and Qtips alot more convenient and keeps the lid from sliding off.

I’m so in love with my new toiletry containers!

Lastly is another great way to repurpose your jars and extent the life of your makeup brushes.  I used Epson salt which is super cheap at my local pharmacy.  All I did was add flood coloring to create a gradient effect.  I then dropped in some essential oils to made it into a room freshener, then filled my jars with my makeup brushes.  Not only does it freshen my room but it’s a brush holder!

Please share and pin my post on Pinterest!

xoxo

Ann

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your email will not be published.

Hi Ann,
    I love all of your DIYs!
    Just thought I’d share how I clean out my candle tumblers: I freeze them! Then the wax easily chips away. The longer it’s in the freezer, the easier the wax cracks and separates from the jar! And all leftover residue/stickiness can easily be cleaned wih some rubbing alcohol.
    If you get a chance, please check out my post!

reply >

I love recycling pretty glass jars.

So smart! Love it :)

reply >

Can you make a DIY crop top for summer :) :)

reply >

Where did you get those birds from? So cute!

reply >

Wow …. what a great idea! Can’t wait to do these! These would be awesome gifts also!

msrosadiva

3 years Ago

To get the wax out of the jars, just freeze the jars. The wax will pop our with a butter knife. I do soak to remove the soot, remaining wax and all the labels from the outside. Then put in the dishwasher. I am lazy.

reply >

Very nice idea. Appreciate you sharing it. Thank you!

Krista Jensen

3 years Ago

What a brilliant idea to freeze the remaining candle wax. I always let it sit on my back burner with the oven on and wait for it to melt and the dump it out. Freezing sounds so much easier and SO much less messy!! Thanks for the idea!
    And I LOVE those little birds!! So cute!

reply >

Where did u get the lids from?

Atthepinkofperfection

3 years Ago

Love love love!!

reply >

I love this!!! I will most definitely be doing it. I also wish to express that I appreciate you doing a video tutorial. Many persons present DIY ideas that are difficult to recreate; the video helps tremendously.

reply >

Love the birdie toiletry containers. Unfortunately we don´t have a Bath & Body Works in germany. But your DIY inspired me. So I just bought containers in an 1-Euro-store. I use them for my lipsticks, watches and bracelets and love them sooo much. Thank you… and take a look if you want

Rachel Marie Kluever

3 years Ago

does anyone know where to buy jars like this for cheap cant afford twenty dollar candles:( thanks really want to make this for our bathroom instead of using old glass cups with no lids please help thanks

reply >

Pingback: Halloween Decoration, Halloween Craft, Halloween DIY, Halloween Decor, Halloween Skeleton, Skeleton

Daniela Vazquez

3 years Ago

Thank you for posting step-by-step pictures in directions!

Pingback: Practical DIY Makeup Storage Ideas - Exquisite Girl

Carrie Grubb

3 years Ago

If you put the jars in the freezer for about thirty minutes the was will pop right out!! no melting needed!!!

Gildy González

3 years Ago

Love this idea, I knew I didn’t have to dispose all my old candle jars !!! I put the remaining wax in a wax warmer to make the most of it. Thanks for sharing !

reply >

Pingback: Feelgood Style | Sustainable fashion reporting, organic beauty tips, DIY projects + tutorials, + natural product reviews.

Pingback: Így tárold a sminkszereket | pecsma.hu

Ngo Cecelia

2 years Ago

where can i find these can if i don’t have candles?

reply >

Pingback: DIY Bathroom Projects – DIY Projects – ALL YOU | Deals, coupons, savings, sweepstakes and more…

Pingback: 16 DIY Makeup Organization Ideas - A Little Craft In Your DayA Little Craft In Your Day

Pingback: Repurposed Candle Jar : Sadaqah | pinteresttrialanderror

Pingback: 25 DIY Makeup Storage Ideas and Tutorials - Hative

Pingback: Repurpose old candle jars to toiletry containers! - Home's Decor's DIY

Pingback: Ideas para organizar tu maquillaje | multitasking|girls

Pingback: Beauty Product Hacks to Stay Organized

When I only have a small amount left in my candles, I also place jar in hot water to remove the wax. But I take the wax, let it cool, I break into pieces, and use in my electric candle burner. I love it

sahirah fix

6 months Ago

Thank you, Ann, for sharing such simple DIYs and they are so very useful! Keep on creating! I am certainly to use your DIY for the little bird holders!