Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! It was really nice to take some time off and spend it with the family. I was anxious to get back into crafting after seeing all the colorful wrapping paper and decorations of the season.
If you follow me on on my YouTube channel(www.youtube.com/anneorshine) then you are probably familiar with this DIY. I have been loving these super cute Mouse flats by Marc Jacobs. Only problem is buying gifts this year emptied out my purse. After some brainstorming, I thought it would be great to make a DIY inspired by this super cute look.
1. Glitter of your choice. I absolutely love the brand “Recollections.” I found this at my local craft shop. I like it because it is a fine glitter, almost like powder.
2. Crafting paint.
3. Mod Podge
4. Gloss coating. This is will prevent the glitter from falling off.
5. Brass thumb tacks for the eyes or whatever you can find.
6. Glue gun or any craft glue.
8. A sheet of felt or faux leather
9. Finally, pair of shoes you don’t mind painting over and giving new life.
First, prep your shoes by cleaning them to remove any grease or dirt.
Ok, next, you need to figure out where you would like to place the nose. I like to use a measuring tape and mark each shoe with a pencil to ensure an even placement on both. Next, we are going to mask off the nose part of the shoes so we can glitterize the rest of the flats. I am going to tape over the line and front tips (nose part). Tape all parts of the shoes you do not want to see the glitter on, like the heels and soles.
* Use tape to mask off where you do not want to see glitter on like the heels.
Step 2) Ok, next, you are going to cover the rest of the shoes generously in mod podge or any sticky adhesive.
Step 3) Sprinkle the glitter on to the shoes and then let it dry for at least 1 hour. Once dry, examine your shoes before deciding if you need to add more glitter. Nothing wrong with more glitter right? It you decide you need some more coverage, repeat the last two steps.
Step 4) I’m using tacks for the eyes but you can use pretty much anything. To do this, paint the eyes with a sharpie marker. Once dried, apply some nail polish top coat to give it that shiny finish. Once it’s completely dried, cut off the pins with a clipper.
Next, mark where you like to place the eyes before gluing it on. Use a hot glue gun to stick them on.
Step 5) Now to make the cute little mousie ears. Draw out little 1 inch domes for the ears onto your felt material.
Enjoy you new cute shoes!